When you want a quick dish that’s still perfect for special occasions, these air fryer pork chops with flour are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and ready in 30 minutes!
Looking for a meal that’s worthy of celebrating a special occasion but won’t mean spending all day in the kitchen?
When you make air fryer pork chops with flour, you’ll get juicy, tender meat with the perfect crust on the outside in just 30 minutes!
Pork chops are easy to dry out if you try cooking them in the oven, on the stove, or with the grill.
That’s never the case when you make fried pork chops in the air fryer! They turn out tender every time.
Best of all, there are no breadcrumbs to deal with. By making them with flour and egg, you’ll get a crispy exterior without the mess.
Get ready to fall in love with these easy Southern-style fried pork chops!
How to Make Fried Pork Chops in the Air Fryer with Flour
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
STEP TWO: In another shallow bowl, beat the egg with ½ tablespoon of water.
STEP THREE: Press each pork chop into the flour mixture, coating them on both sides.
STEP FOUR: Next, dip each side into the beaten egg, then dredge it through the flour mixture a second time.
STEP FIVE: Allow the chops to sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes to help the flour adhere before cooking.
STEP SIX: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
STEP SEVEN: Place the pork chops into the basket in a single layer.
STEP EIGHT: Spray the tops with cooking oil using an EVO sprayer and air fry for 8-10 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through cooking, until the internal temperature is 140-145 degrees F. If cooking thick pork chops, cook for 14-15 minutes.
STEP NINE: Allow the chops to rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve with your favorite sides.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Fried Pork Chops
How Long to Cook Fried Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
This is going to depend on your make and model of air fryer as well as the thickness of your pork chops.
For regular bone-in pork chops, I recommend cooking them for 8-10 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through. For thicker pork chops, cook for 14-15 minutes, still flipping halfway.
The best way to get the most accurate cooking time is to use an Instant Read Thermometer.
The pork chops are finished cooking when a thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the chop reads 140-145 degrees F.
Tips for Making the Fried Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Let the chops sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes after you’ve dredged them through the flour. This will help the flour adhere to the surface of the chops, giving you a crispier, crunchier exterior.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. You want the air to be able to properly circulate around the pork chops to cook them evenly and crisp up all sides.
- Flip the pork chops halfway through so they cook evenly. This will also help them air fry to golden perfection on all sides.
- Let the chops rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the meat fibers to reabsorb their juices so your pork chops stay nice and tender.
More Delicious No Breadcrumb Recipes
More Air Fryer Pork Chops recipes
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg with ½ tablespoon of water.
- Press each pork chop into the flour mixture, coating both sides. Dip each side into the beaten egg, then dredge it through the flour mixture a second time. Allow the chops to sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes, to help the flour adhere before cooking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the pork chops into the basket in a single layer. Spray the top with cooking oil spray and air fry for 8-10 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through cooking, until the internal temperature is 140-145 degrees F. If cooking thick pork chops, cook for 14-15 minutes.
- Allow the chops to rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve with your favorite sides.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 522Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 48g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.