This year’s Syracuse Downtown Living Tour adds food and culture to the mix
Syracuse, N. Y. — For 16 many years, the yearly Syracuse Downtown Residing Tour has supplied a glimpse into the residential possibilities in just one of Syracuse’s quickest increasing neighborhoods.
This year, the tour presented by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse adds factors that lets people today know what it would be like to make downtown their home. That signifies the tour will consist of functions that showcase some of the dining and cultural offerings close to the residential units.
”We’ve normally showcased the residences and condos, but what we’re executing this year is attempting to get people today to imagine about all the amenities out there in downtown Syracuse as a neighborhood,” claimed Merike Treier, the Downtown Committee’s executive director. “That consists of the museums and other cultural establishments, alongside with the dining and searching alternatives.”
Nine stops are showcased as section of this year’s self-guided strolling tour from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 24). Tickets are $15 (young children underneath 10 are free) and contain admission to four downtown museums. Tickets can be ordered on the internet in advance or at the Downtown Committee kiosk in Perserverance Park on Saturday.
Also new this 12 months are various Airbnb models in addition to residences and condos, Treier claimed.
Tour stops may perhaps be visited in any order:
• Merrell-Soule Lofts, 600 N. Franklin Road
• Gere Creating, 121 E. Drinking water Street
• Montgomery Property 315, 311-315 Montgomery Road
• Flats on Warren, 413-417 S. Warren Street
• Piper Phillips Residences, 227 W. Fayette Road
• Erie Canal Museum, 318 Erie Blvd. East
• Onondaga Historical Affiliation, 321 Montgomery Avenue
• Everson Museum of Artwork, 401 Harrison Street
• The MOST, 500 S. Franklin Avenue
The formal tour “rest stop’ will be the Tasting Place at Epicuse, 334 S. Salina Road. It features relaxation rooms open to the public, along with indoor and outdoor seating. It also hosts absolutely free chair massages from Hand in Overall health Massage Remedy, songs from a Symphoria woodwind quintet and a complimentary wine and whiskey sampling. Epicuse also features 10% off any purchase.
Other downtown culinary discounts made available Saturday through the tour are:
• Wine, well cocktail or draught for $4 at Limerick Pub
• Half-dozen freshly baked cookies for $12 at Cathy’s Cookies
• 20% off get at Salt Metropolis Espresso
• Consume and pastry for $12 at Cake Bar
• Free of charge 16-ounce espresso or tea with order at Parthenon Textbooks
• $1 off at Wolff’s Biergarten
Downtown Syracuse is now home to far more than 4,300 people, far more than double the amount 15 years back, in accordance to the Downtown Committee. The selection of residential models has enhanced 108% considering that 2010. There are now 2,736 concluded household units downtown, with 166 below building and 332 additional staying prepared, the Downtown Committee claimed.
Syracuse Mets hope to entice lovers to Ballpark Beer Fest with decreased entry price
Don Cazentre writes for NYup.com, syracuse.com and The Write-up-Conventional. Achieve him at [email protected], or adhere to him at NYup.com, on Twitter or Facebook.