At Lifehacker, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. We have affiliate and advertising partnerships, which means we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. BTW – prices are accurate and items in stock at the time of posting.
Calling all ginger beer lovers! Boy, do we have a treat for you? We’ve gone ahead and rounded up some of the Internet’s best ginger beer cocktail recipes so you can enjoy a refreshing can of your favourite drink but with a little twist.
We’ve got classics like Moscow Mules and Dark and Stormy’s as well as fresh takes like the Irish Mule and the Tropical Storm. We’ve found a little something for everyone, we’ve got vodka, whiskey, and dark and white rum-based recipes to choose from.
Scroll on for five of our favourite recipes.
1. Moscow Mule
Moscow mules are a deliciously refreshing drink that really makes ginger beer sing.
- Fill a large glass with ice
- Pour in the vodka and lime juice, then fill the glass with ginger beer and gently stir it with a spoon once to mix
- Pop in a lime wedge to garnish, and you’re set to sip
If you’d really like to elevate your Moscow mule, it’s recommended that you drink it out of a copper cup. Copper
Recipe originally from Cookie+Kate
2. Dark & Stromy
A Dark and Stormy is very similar to a Moscow Mule, only it features dark rum instead of vodka. Most people opt for a darker rum since it pairs better with ginger beer.
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice
- Cut a lime in half, then squeeze the juice over ice, dropping the lime wedges in the glass as garnish
- Add ginger beer, almost to the rim
- Top with 30ml of dark rum, and let the rum roll down through the ice
Recipe originally from Delicious
3. A Tropical Storm
If you prefer something on the sweeter side, why not try this peach and passion fruit take on a Dark and Stormy featuring white rum and ginger beer?
- Add rum, lime juice, sugar syrup, peach nectar and passion fruit
- Shake, then strain into a tall glass
- Top with ginger beer
- Garnish with a peach fan and enjoy
Recipe originally from Bundaberg
4. Tropical Ginger Beer
A Tropical Ginger Beer is a delicious summer cocktail that combines rum, pineapple juice and ginger beer.
- Pop your ice into a large glass and pour your run, pineapple coconut liqueur, lime and pineapple juice over the top.
- Then, fill the remainder of your glass with ginger beer
- Give it a little stir, and viola!
Recipe originally from Best Recipes
5. An Irish Mule
Finally, you’ve got the Irish twist on a Moscow mule, which can only mean one thing — whiskey.
- Add a handful of ice to a cup, then pour over your whiskey of choice
- Squeeze the lime to release the juice right into the mug
- Top off with ginger beer and stir
- Garnish with fresh mint, and enjoy
Recipe originally from Australian Good Food Guide
Editor’s note: Some prices may vary depending on which state you’re located in.